The Medellín Mayor’s Office developed the website Invest in Medellín to position the city and highlight business opportunities related to investment, innovation, tourism, events, and meetings of the capital of Antioquia.
In this website: www.investinmedellin.com.co national and international investors, senior business executives, entrepreneurs, event organizers, and business and meeting tourists will find suitable information to explore the strengths of Medellín in terms of investment.
Ruta N, Plaza Mayor, the Medellín Conventions and Visitors Bureau, and ACI Medellín are four decentralized entities of the Mayor’s Office, who worked together as a team to create this new website.
Some characteristics of Medellíns potential:
- Medellín is the first Spanish-speaking city in the world with a Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution linked to the network of centers of the World Economic Forum.
- In 2019, Medellín ranked fourth in the American Cities of the Future ranking in the category of Foreign Direct Investment Strategy published by fDi Intelligence. It is the first Latin American city to be in the 2019 ranking.
- Between 2016 and 2019, the city managed to attract more than 320 international events, whose economic benefit is estimated at around more than USD 100 million.
- Between 2016 and 2019, the city received more than USD 37 million in international cooperation, a historical figure for Medellín.
- Between January 2016 and October 2019, Medellín reported a direct national and foreign investment of USD 1,2 billion, which has contributed to the city’s economic, social, and industrial development.